I m done for today's lessons ;) But still need to prepare some work and worksheets for students later. Today i shared with my class about the story of an eagle. haha... "They like..." :)
Today during morning's singspiration (which means pnw), God reminded me that I have not prepared what to share to the class this morning. So as I was praying for the students and also my day, God reminded me of 2 story to share. One was the story from our easter service and the other is the story of the eagle. In the end, I settled on the story of the eagle cause i do not want to be too preachy right from the start.
Have you all heard of the story of the eagle? How their wings grow strong and the difficulties they faced through the process? It is a good story to help people understand resilence, perseverance and also the importance of going through difficulties and challenges with the right attitude. :)
Prepared for my morning devotion for tmr. Just sent to the principal and waiting for her response. Haha... someone edited for me and commented that it sounded like a Pri sch essay :p sob... hahah... Indeed 2 heads are better than one, the edited version looks much better now ;)
Morning devotion:This morning I want to share with you the story and life of an ordinary shepherd. A shepherd takes care of sheep and is responsible for meeting their needs and guiding them. A sheep on the other hand is quite a defenseless animal with no claws, fangs or wings to protect themselves. They can only bleat. This makes sheep rather vulnerable and they need a faithful shepherd to guide and protect them.
So here goes the story of an ordinary shepherd:
My day begins as early as 4am. As a faithful shepherd, before I bring my flock of sheep out to feed on green grass and fresh water, I need to know the pastures like the back of my hand and ensure that I bring my sheep to a place that has green grass and fresh water. If I neglect on my duties or am careless in taking care of my sheep, my sheep will die of starvation, thirst to death and may even die of exhaustion. A shepherd’s job is difficult because I will also need to protect them from dangers such as poisonous plants and predators such as lions, bears and snakes. Sometimes I will need to use my rod to fight off predators.
I have a sheep called Sue and I loved her dearly. She has beautiful brown spots on her face and fluffy wool. However, she has a habit of straying away and I often caught her chasing after butterflies and running away alone. There were several times whereby I saved her from the snakes and the claws of lions, and would often bring her back to safety, making sure that she was not injured.
One Sunday morning, I was anxiously looking for Sue as she was missing again. To my horror, I found Sue trapped among the thorns of some bushes and she was in extreme pain. Her foot was broken. While getting Sue out, the thorns cut through my flesh. However, all I could care about was that the lost sheep had been found and that she was fine. Over the next few days, I took care of Sue and would carry her wherever I go and showered her with love and care. After this incident, Sue stopped straying away and was always at my side. I was glad that Sue finally understood how much I loved her and why I always stopped her from straying away.
In Psa 23:1-4, it says: “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lies down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.”
In the bible, God is often being referred to as our shepherd while we are known as sheep. God is someone who knows our needs, meets our needs, guides us and protects us. Sometimes He will also put us through difficult situations or allows us to be punished when we misbehave so that we can learn from our mistakes and grow. So want to encourage us that when we are faced with difficult situations or when we feel lost and troubled we can remember that we have God as our faithful shepherd who is there to provide us with wisdom in our studies, make decisions in life, handle problems with friends and to teach us how values to live a fruitful life.
This morning, why don’t we bow our heads and start our day with a prayer to God:
Father I pray that as the whole school come together to start our day, we pray for your presence and guidance in our lives. Father we remember today that You are our faithful shepherd who is always there for us and knows our needs. We pray that today when meet with difficult situations and feel tired, stressed or unhappy, we will remember that we still have You (our faithful shepherd) in our life and come to you in prayer. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
Going back to plan my chemistry lesson plans le :) Must jia you wor... left 5 more weeks.
Personal life:
Going through a season of my life whereby God is digging up all the skeletons that i have buried in the coffin. What does this means? haha... sweeping things under the carpet. I do deal with things but sometimes not thorough and so now i have come face to face with all these skeletons of my sins, past and struggles. The past 2 weeks have been a roller coaster ride for me whereby my emotions flatuate like crazy and I am just so driven my emotions. Last week was much better as i start to anchor myself on truths and God's word. To control my thoughts and to cling on to the truth.
Now I am awaiting for breakthroughs in my inner being. Praying and petitioning for God to help me to make sense and to free me from the things I am struggling with. Making small progress :) The power of prayer and the Holy Spirit. To hate sin so much that you would come before God in humility and just cry out to Him. To take responsibility of overcoming it and having the deep desire and want to have an inner life that so pleases God.
Keep me in prayer :) I am going to persevere in this with God and partner with Him until i see breakthrough and i can say that i am an overcomer with Christ. Dealing with these actively now also. Three cheers to God's faithfulness, grace and mercy upon me. :)
Signing off
at 9:50 AM