Monday, February 15, 2010
A Crazy and fruitful Chinese New Year

This year is a quiet Chinese New year. Though quiet but it is so crazy!!!! My parents are crazy and mad.... hahah... (in a good way ah). This year we only went to my uncle's place and spent the first day there. The rest of the days were at home with my parents. I love spending time with them. hahah... When my dad is not grouchy he is really a nice fella. But when he is grouchy and angry ... you just wanna flee away from him.

Anyway i spent the chinese new year eve packing my clothes, room and books. I iron all my clothes and prepare all my stuff (cloths, books, notes, bags) for teaching. Packed my cupboard until it is so neat and tidy!!! But i threw away like 4 bags of clothes so that the new ones can fit in and my cupboard wont explode. Anyway my parents are really supportive of me when they know that I am preparing myself for teaching and gearing myself up. My mum took out all her formal clothes for me and started to mix and match the clothes for me. My dad took out all the red pens available at home for me. He also helped me to pack my stuff and vacuum the room after i finish packing. But he nagged a lot and kept asking me to pack faster. hahah...

My mum is really sweet i was sharing to her about the challenges of practicum and also some of the things that i need to take note of and also the kind of attitudes i need to go to school with. She asked, what can she do to support me and relieve the stress when practicum comes. Wow... i was really touched that tears welled up my eyes (but my mum didnt see la... haha). I told her that when she cooks nice food for me and hug me when i come home can le. Touched by my mum .... I have the best parents in the world!!! And i really thank God for giving me such wonderful parents!!!

haha... We watch this korean drama together. So while packing, doing work and preparing myself for teaching, i was watching vcd with them. My parents are absolutely crazy!! hahah... they have super weird sense of humour and my dad is really funny. He made me laughed and laughed until i cried. We watched the drama until 3am and even at such hour my parents are weird!!! They say the weirdest thing and it is just so funny. I never laughed so much and so long already. I have such cute parents and being with them really bring joy to my heart. haha... and i love their company and being with them :) Now is really the blessing period and enjoying the fruits of my labour and perserverance in the family.

Other than good company and have good parents who dote on me like crazy :) God is doing something amazing in my dad's heart!!! It is crazy!! Many times the things he said left me in awe and shocked!! My dad used to be a very religious man and superstitious but now he will tell my mum not to go to temple and that just go one temple for assurance can already. He also told my mum not to believe in the 12 sheng xiao thing and he said that these things are not real. While watching the drama there's christians inside the show and he will keep bringing up about Jesus, Church and brothers and sisters. But he brought them up to tease me and sometimes to joke about such thing. But he talked about such things with such ease. Here and there we will talk about Jesus, church and christianity but is touch and go kind. But the amazing thing is there is a significant change in attitude and perspective towards God and religion in my dad. Interesting!! Was praying for my parents this morning and asking God to continue to work in my dad's heart and thanking and praising God for the work He is doing in my family.

Yest was at my uncle's place and was talking to my aunt who has 2 children. A 9 years old boy and 7 years old girl. We were just talking about her children's school and education when she suddenly brought up about internet. Then one thing led on to another. I started to share with her about the dangers of internet especially on violent games and pornography. She was shocked about some of the things that i shared and the dangers of internet. Next we started to talk about Sex education. ahhaha... interesting topic ah :) But super relevant especially to kids in today's super corrupted culture and age. She asked me how to share to her children about this, so i shared with her about what my faith teach me about sex and my personal perspective on this. I shared with her the importance of educating her children at a young age and the need to have the right values and perspectives towards this. She agreed with me and my mum was sitting beside us and listening to our conversation. I think my mum is really impressed with me :) hahaha... I am happy cause i know that God has changed my values and my life and this is how I can bring glory to Him and to shine for Him through these things that I share and my life. So i shared with her how she can educate her children especially her young son about this. She said that her son has already started asking her about this because his friends talk about girls in school. Primary 3 boys!!! Children these days are really vulnerable and exposed to such things. I told her I would help her find some resources which she can read up and to understand more and also to share with her children. I have some books in mind already and they are by Christian authors :) hee... Pray that God will work in her heart through all these. After that she asked me about educating her children, about what else can she do with her children and some of the problems she is facing in taking care of them. I was really humbled and glad when she asked me :) Really honoured too :) So i just shared what i know as a teacher-to-be and the things that i learned in NIE and shared with her about how she can better teach her children and guide them in their studies.

This year only went to my uncle's place where our 3 families gathered there together. Though it was a short time but i would say that is it a fruitful time spent and I am really glad for the opportunity to share biblical values to my aunt. I am going to do my work now. Have an essay due on thursday and microteaching on wednesday. AFter finish the assignments i need to start reading every biology textbook that i can get my hands on :) hahaha... Need to prepare and equip myself as a teacher!! May God's amazing grace and peace be upon me and my family.


 

Signing off at 11:18 AM