Monday, January 25, 2010
calyn's pledge

i am writing my edu psy 2 essay now which is due on wed! haaha... and this is my introduction. i am supposed to write an essay on this: Describe your personal pedagogy (e.g. attitudes, beliefs, perceptions, and values) with respect to creating an inclusive learning environment. And i thought of an interesting way to start off and to describe my personal pedagogy :)

“We, the teachers of Singapore, pledge that:
We will be true to our mission to bring out the best in our students.
We will be exemplary in the discharge of our duties and responsibilities.
We will guide our students to be good and useful citizens of Singapore.
We will continue to learn and pass on the love of learning to our students.
We will win the trust, support and cooperation of parents and the community so as to enable us to achieve our mission.”
(The teacher’s pledge)

“Calyn, chosen by God and the government to be responsible of nurturing and educating the next generation pledge that:
I will make a commitment to recognize complexity, love and accept each individual.
I will be faithful in communicating clearly and serve my students conscientiously.
I will preserve to help my students be all that they want and can be.
I will be a continuous learner who understands the dynamic nature of teaching.
I will be a reflective people-person with good relations with parents and the community to fulfill my commission as a professional teacher.
(Calyn’s pledge)


 

Signing off at 6:53 PM