The confident woman by Joyce Meyer
Chapter 1, Confidence:
Criteria:
1. Confidence is all about Christ and it must be in Christ alone. “we are sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency” (Phil4:13)
2. I have confidence only because He lives in me and it is His confidence that I draw on.
Perspective:
1. With the above criteria set in place, confidence is about being positive concerning what I can do and not worrying over what I cannot do.
2. It leads you to be humbled to learn and eager to discover and try new things. Seeing new unknowns as a chance to learn more about God, herself and unleash her abilities.
3. While knowing our weaknesses is important, we need to focus on the strengths and talents that God has given us to be good stewards of what we have and we multiply them.
Result:
1. Face life with boldness, openness and honesty
2. Enables us to live without worry and to feel safe
3. Enables us to live authentically. I can be myself and be secure. I do not need to pretend, knowing that I am unique and different.
Reflections:
1. Christ is my only sufficiency. I am sufficient because He lives in me and I can do all things with Him and through Him who strengthens me. Focusing on this helps me to keep a humble attitude while at the same time confident of the things that God is leading me through. Isn’t it amazing :)
2. Thinking about my strengths now. Guess I have been thinking about my weaknesses and flaws too much which people have been pointing out to me that I failed to see my strengths and talents that God has given me. Not that I don’t respond to my areas of growth but to allow God to grow my strengths and talents too. :)
3. The key thing is to fix my eyes on the author and perfecter of our faith. :)
4. I want to be a woman who is confident because I know who I am in Christ and that I am walking in reliance and in faith with God. :)
Labels: The confident woman by Joyce Meyer
Signing off
at 11:33 AM