Thursday, August 27, 2009
New Goals for a new season

I have not blogged for a long time. Wanted to do so here n there but never got the chance to settle down and blog. Just to update people about my life :) I am in NIE now, doing a PGDE course (post graduate diploma in education). I just started 1 month ago and I am staying in hall now with a sister from my church. First time staying in hall and I dun ve to spend so much time traveling so that means i have more time and I need to make full use of my time.

The reason why i wanted to stay in hall was so that i can spend more time with people and to be more fruitful. Which now reminded me of a passage that Ben reminded me of. The vine and the branches, to remain in Him, letting the joy and peace from God fill me and after tt flowing outwards touching and impacting others. This makes sense to me now...

Just now talked to Tim and he just casually asked me how's HQ. I realised that i ve not been spending quality time there with the people. I am focused on my cg ppl and the NIE ppl but not the other brothers and sisters. Guess i ve lost abit of my focus on why i stay in hall and the things tt i ve responded to God about. To give my all to Him in the next few months while i am in NIE. Which isnt a very long time. Only for the first sem i will be in NIE, after that i ve practicum and lessons r few in the second sem. Before coming to NIE, i told God that i will devote my time to His people. To encourage, to minister and to build them but have i been doing that? Yes and No.... I can do much more than what I am doing now. Hall has become my convenient hideout place for me to spend time alone. There's a time for everything. A time to rest, spend time with God and to minister to people. Before i started NIE, i set some objectives but they were pertaining to my r/s with God and the people under my care. So now, i ve redefined and added on some other objectives and goals for this new and exciting season.

God has been really good to me. Just went through a season of pruning and molding and breakthroughs in my life. Really thankful for the people He has placed in my life who will guide me and how He uses them to draw me closer to Him. Very blessed by the Global conference that we had and the session we had with pastor marcus. It is a season whereby God helped me to see things in different perspectives, challenged my convictions and redefined certain things. I am so glad for this season and i know that another season is about to come :) So i am anticipating and waiting. Be faithful with what I have and continue to walk closely with God and God will work and reveal in His timing. A season of learning to trust in God in uncertainties and to surrender onto God. "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want." God has proven Himself faithful and true during the past few yrs that i ve been walking with Him le. I am going to continue to trust Him with my life and NIE. Wherever God leads I will follow. Not my will but His to be done. Not my kingdom but HIS kingdom to be built.

Objectives/plans for this season:
1) Be deliberate in growing my r/s with God
- study the WOG more in depth (study bible)
- read up on things
- going for seminar that is related to my faith and teaching (to equip myself in this area)

2) Walk closely with God daily :)
- partner with God in things
- be spirit led and spirit filled
- exercise spiritual giftings

3) Spend quality time with ppl at HQ
- know more ppl to encourage, minister and add on to them

4) Keep in touch with my different circle of friends
- To build up this network strong
- To be part of their lives :)

5) NIE!!!
- To build the NIE ppl and PUSH (pray until something happen). Have faith and believe that the wall of Jericho around NIE will collapse and God will work!

6) To make full use of my time and be wise in using my time :)

Keep me in prayer :) Pray that i will continue to fix my eyes on Christ and i will trust in Him and walk with Him daily. I am excited about this season of my life and i am eager to see God's hand at work in my life and in the people's life.


 

Signing off at 8:11 PM