Something for you guys to ponder and reflect upon :) A follow through on the first part of humility.
Humility
by Kathryn Kuhlman
Wherever you find real love, you will also find humility. Remember something: humility is not a weak and timid quality. Too often we feel that humility is a sign of weakness. This is not so. It is the sign of strength and security.
As an example, let me share a memorable experience I had as a young child. It was a hot Saturday night and Papa and I were about
to enter the meat market situated on the main street of Concordia, Missouri. The two of us were at the doorway when suddenly a man, noticeably very drunk, shoved Papa back. I saw my father step aside and hold the door open while the stranger staggered into the market. Standing nearby was a man watching the whole scene. Knowing that Papa was mayor of Concordia, he asked, "Joe Kuhlman, are you going to let him get away with that?" I was still holding onto Papa's hand when I saw him smile and answer: "I can afford to let him go first." That was a lesson in love and humility that I have never forgotten.
Humility is a show of security and strength. It is the solid foundation of all virtues, and I believe that the very first test of a truly great man is his humility.
Signing off
at 7:27 PM