Sunday, October 21, 2007
You're the reason

I started composing tunes in april. The first tune i composed was for Psa 23. I realised that god places these tunes in my head and sometimes these tunes are just meant for certain palms in the bible or verses. I tried composing my own song beginning this year, but there was just a lack of words. So i came to a conclusion that i can only compose tunes and would often fit them into verses in the bible. Mainly the verses that i like or that God has spoken to me with.

However, recently.... i have breakthrough!!!!! Just about 1 month ago, i started composing. Putting my feelings and love towards God into words and tunes. These tunes came naturally and the words just flowed. This song is the first song I composed.

During that period, i was struggling with overcoming sins in my life and dealing with the challenges that I was facing at that time. During the period, i was struggling with overcoming the guilt and shame of my past and find it hard to let go at times. However, there were many instances (during service, during prayer, quiet time) that god spoke to me and reminded me of his grace and everlasting love for me. I no longer live in the past of guilt, for God has set me free and now i have a new life in Him. Sometimes when i fall into temptation or sin against god i will feel that i have let god down, especially when its repetively. Even if we fail, god still loves us and forgives those who seek his mercy.

So is this song, it is because of who God is (You are), that I can now live with joy, hope and his strength, letting go of my past. i no longer live for myself but for God. Amen!!! That's why i am free to sing and dance before the Lord, regardless of circumstances. Amen!!

I pray that this song will encourage those who are going through struggles in their life, overcoming areas of sins in their life, which God has brought out. Lets continue to fix our eyes on Jesus who is the author and perfecter of our faith. Through the power of Christ we can overcome all things, and all things are made possible with Him. Amen!!

You're the reason

Written and composed by: Petrina Yim

Verse 1:

E A C#m A
Lord I come into your presence and humbly bow at your throne

E A C#m
You’re all I seek and you’re all I need,

A
And I will run to you

Verse 2:

E A C#m A
My guilt and shame lies in the cross and Your truth sets me free

E A
So with all my heart and with all my soul

C#m A
I will sing of your great love

C#m B
I will sing of your great love

Chorus

E A E
You’re the reason that I live

A E
You’re the reason that I breathe

A B A
You’re the reason I find my strength in

E A E
You’re the reason that I hope

E A E
You’re the reason that I have joy

A B A
You’re the reason I find my strength in

E A B A
You’re the reason I find my strength in

E A B A
You’re the reason I find my strength in

Bridge:

A E A E A C#m
Jesus jesus jesus

B/E A
you are my king

A E A E A C#m
Jesus jesus jesus

B/E A
you are my lord

A E A E A C#m
Jesus jesus jesus

B/E A
you are my guide

A E A E A C#m
Jesus jesus jesus

B/E A
you are my strength



 

Signing off at 10:55 AM