Friday, February 23, 2007
Who m i?

Studyin in comp center now. Feeling tired and drained after muggin two sets of lect notes and 1 webcast. i m totally drained and saturated. haha... wanted to take a break by gg u tube again. But hana kimi ep 14 hasn't been uploaded so nothin to watch... hee.... (guilty look)

den decided to take out my bible and let his word refresh me. Reading Psa 103: 14-17. Who m i? i m just like a flower tt is quickly, here today and gone tmr (who am i by casting crowns). The things we take pride in, e worldly things tt we hold on to, our image, our results, ourselves.. are just like grass and flowers that flourish but when the wind blows over it, it is gone. What last is the love of God and the relationship we have with Him. It is christ-like spirit that lives within us that last forever, it is the promise of God that last forever. We are unworthy of Him, yet He loves us. However, god wants us to fear Him in out of obedience and walk in His way of righteousness.

I really like this song (who am i) and the verse. Who m i? I am the child of God and Daddy loves me... :)

Who am I?
That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt.
Who am I?
That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wandering heart.

Bridge:
Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.

Chorus:
I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.I am yours.

Who am I?
That the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with loveA
nd watch me rise again.
Who am I?
That the voice that calmed the sea,
Would call out through the rain,
And calm the storm in me.

Bridge&Chorus 2x
I am yours.
Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear?'
Cause I am yours.
I am yours.


As i was reading this verse, I saw the bookmark given to me by a sister last year/ beginning of last sem. by the time i finish reading the words on the bookmark, my heart was aching.... Pondering what went wrong and images of the time we spent together fash across my mind. I was reminded of her water Baptism and how she has blessed me with many words of encouragement and affirmations. Den st struck me, wats her love lang? I ve not written any cards to her and my way of loving her was to spend time with her and listen to her. But is spending time with her, her love lang?

haha... wat a sudden change of mood. Its 8 plus now. time to do revision again. This sem is a crazy sem, deadlines every single week, one after another. If i just procrastinate abit, tt's it!! i m dead... haha... So self discipline and reliance on God is the only way I can sustain thru this sem. Relying on human strength, you ll prob c a zombie Calyn ;)


 

Signing off at 7:47 PM