Sunday, February 12, 2006
A concert that heals the soul.. an enlightenment

I got up this morn feelin rather troubled and uneasy... Slept v late also, so wasn't in a v good mood. I was rather grouchy and didn't want to go for this CNY christian concert which was in chinese somemore. I had 4 tickets n was supposed to go with my parents.

However, I promised my parents i will go with them and didn't want to waste the tickets. So I draged myself rather unwillingly there. Pulled a super long face and was super duper grouchy. haha... cause not enough slp and was feelin rather tired.

We went there early n I was sitting beside my mum. As I was feelin troubled, I shared with her my probs and worries. It has been weeks since I really talked to her, as both of us ve been rather busy. We talked, confided in her and felt less grumpy after tt. haha

Den the concert started.. though it was in chinese, I enjoyed it! Was really glad tt I went for it... My heart was so troubled and confused b4 I went for e concert, and was rather moody, after e concert and the talk with my mum, I felt much better and calm. :)

There were a few local singers, like Daphne and some taiwan stars. Learned and gained a few things from this concert. I ve always felt that this world is unfair, some r just so blessed, rich and happy while some r so unfortunate, poor and sad. This world is unfair and nobody is equal!

H/w, after watchin this concert, my thinking changed. We are infact all equal! Regardless of the rich or poor, don't we see the same sunrise, sunset, stars and moons? We are blessed by these things in life. The mountains teach us to be strong, river teaches us to be calm and patience while sun teahes us survival. All these things we have taken for granted but God has given every single one of us the same good things, to appreciate. Each of us is unique and different and God has different plans for each and every one of us. We do not know the plans now, we cant predict our future, but we should ve faith and trust in God that He has the best plans for us because He loves us.

What is the thing that you can never, never lose? You can lose your wealth, fame and every other thing except love. Love is a beautiful thing, love your neighbour as yourself. Also, if we share love, our love will keep growing and goodness will follow us all the days of my life. H/w, if you are just a reservoir and refused to share God's love, just like water, love will also evaporate.

Hmm... my parents went without knowing it was a chrisitan based concert, (think I did mention to them... hee...) and my dad didn't enjoy it a bit. Pulled a super duper long face and refused to talk to anybody... opps.... My mum on the other hand was rather okay with it and she listened wen I shared to her abt the Gospel during the concert. So, I was really glad I went!!


 

Signing off at 5:37 PM